This award-winning oceanfront bed and breakfast won the 2011 Key West property of the year award from the Florida Keys Lodging Association, and the Conde Nast Traveler 2010 Readers’ Choice Awards in the United States for Small Hotels Category.
The LeMer & Dewey House distinctive turn-of the century architecture and gracious seaside setting, assure you of the finest vacation experience Key West has to offer.
Although technically it’s one bed and breakfast, both have their own distinct flavor. The Dewey House is more like a quaint cottage, while the La Mer Hotel is more Victorian-style.
Located in Historic Old Town
Both restored Victorians are located in historic Old Town on Duval Street, and both have high ceilings, private balconies, verandas and views of the ocean and the tropical gardens on site.
Between both properties there are 19 rooms, each with the turn-of-the-19th-century feel but with modern amenities including granite wet bars, Wi-Fi, and luxurious linens.
And when you look out from your balcony or private patio and check out the views of the ocean. It’s Stunning.
Every morning there’s a delicious, deluxe continental breakfast of fresh breads, made-to-order waffles, fresh juices, and more on the Dewey Terrace overlooking the beach that’s shared with La Mer and Dewey House’s sister hotel, Southernmost on the Beach.
In the afternoon, guests enjoy complimentary tea and crumpets, fruits and cheeses.
Travel tip – If you use South Beach, showing your room key gets free chair rentals. Nice!
The only 4-Diamond luxury oceanfront bed and breakfast on the island
With distinctive turn-of the century architecture, and excellent customer service, keep guests coming back for more. The dramatically decorated gardens, and oceanview accommodations with a sense of class and historic charm are a favorite with many Key West visitors.
The 19 spacious rooms are tastefully appointed, with a queen bed and a spacious bathroom. Some may consider the room itself a tad small, but the ambiance, and the private balcony clearly makes up for it.
- Luxury Garden View rooms offer a king queen or two double beds based on request – w/garden views balconies or balconies and private deluxe bathrooms.
- Luxury Partial View rooms offer a queen bed with partial ocean garden views and balconies or private patio and deluxe bathrooms.
- Ocean View Balcony luxury rooms feature a king or queen bed ocean view private balcony and large deluxe bathrooms. A morning newspaper, complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea, and turn down service are offered to all guests.
Most Guests reviews stated: they enjoyed the lovely breakfast, the live music on the West lawn during sunset, the hammocks and last but not least, the lounge chairs on the pier! The staff was top-notch from beginning to end. They also loved having Aveda hair and body products in bathrooms. One reviewer suggested to rent bikes from the place across the street instead of the at the hotel.
Points of interest within strolling distance
- 100 yards from Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- 1700 yards from Key West Red Light Party District
- 2.6 miles from Key West Intl. Airport (EYW)
- 700 yards from Key West Lighthouse and Keeper’s Quarters Museum
- 700 yards from Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- 900 yards from Southernmost Point
- 1100 yards from Key West Cemetery
La Mer Hotel and Dewey House delivers all the flavor of tropical Key West without all the hassle and noise! It’s only a short walk to the red-light party district end of Duval Street, and afterwards, retreat to the breezes of the private terrace overlooking South Beach.
- Experience Classic “Conch” at Three Historic Key West Inns
- Fantasy Fest will Become an Annual Tradition
- Old Town Charm at the Merlin Guesthouse Key West
- Key West Resorts all Inclusive Packages